Version 11.0 of the SafetySkills LMS is here! In it, the way groups are created and displayed has been changed, as well as allowing for fully customized Welcome emails.
Publish Date: September 30, 2017
Included in this update:
- Ability to fully customize the Welcome email text
- Ability to apply multiple filters to Groups
To learn more about this update and how it affects you:
1) Read below in the section entitled “How This Update Affects You…”
2) Watch our “How to Edit Display Settings” video HERE
3) Read our “How to View and Edit Group Settings” article HERE
4) Read our “How to Create Groups” article HERE
5) Contact SafetySkills customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
How This Update Affects You…
For Owners and Super Administrators:
- Ability to fully customize the Welcome email:
- You can now create a fully customized Welcome email for the system to send to your learners.
- Ability to use multiple filters when creating groups:
- You can now stack multiple “and/or” queries when creating or editing groups.
For Owners, Super Administrators, Advanced Administrators, Administrators, and Report Administrators:
- Minor functionality changes across several pages:
- There is now a new Date filter on the Home tab report to increase filtering options.
- Administrators with appropriate permissions to do so are now able to assign group privileges immediately after creating the administrator.
- Email restrictions have also been reduced to allow for unique characters, such as Chinese symbols.
- Some minor text changes have also been made, but will not impact the functionality of the system.
- Your experience will not change with this update.
The LMS now allows for you to add multiple filters when creating your groups. Currently, the options for groups on the Configure tab will display as “Custom Groups” and “Legacy Groups.” Legacy Groups are your groups that were created prior to September 30, 2017, while Custom Groups allows you to create groups with the new filtering options. In an upcoming update (by the end of 2017), SafetySkills will convert all of your existing groups to custom groups and remove the Legacy Group option from the menu; however, you are welcome to begin converting your groups manually.
Additionally, you are now able to fully customize the Welcome email that is sent to your learners. Account Owners and Super Administrators are able to do this by utilizing HTML text to format a new custom email. If you opt not to enter any custom text or if you had previously entered custom text, the default Welcome email will remain the same. Any previously entered custom text was copied and inserted to the new HTML template.
Other minor visual changes have been made in the LMS, including increased filtering options for the graph on the Home tab. These changes are minor improvements that should not drastically change the user experience in the LMS.
What Do You Need to Do?
Not a thing! Unless you are interested in converting your Legacy groups over to Custom groups prior to the update where our team will do this for you or creating a customized Welcome email, you do not need to make any changes within your account.
If you have any additional questions about this update, please contact SafetySkills Customer Care by calling 405-463-6656, option 2, or by emailing email@example.com.