In 2018, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) made significant changes to their standards for mobile elevated work platforms, also known as aerial lifts, man lifts, or aerial work platforms. This change went into effect in June, 2020. This change was big enough that SafetySkills could not simply update our existing course over aerial lift safety, we had to create an entirely new course, which was launched in early 2020.
Due to the scope of the changes and their potential impact on training plans and schedules, SafetySkills decided to give our customers flexibility and time to adjust by making both the old and new courses available during the transitional phase. Now that sufficient time has passed, we will be retiring the older course, BSS-2.2 Aerial Lifts, and replacing any remaining assignments with the updated course, BSS-3.2 Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
How will this change affect me?
SafetySkills LMS accounts
- All changes are automatic; customers don’t need to do anything to be updated
- On Oct 1, BSS-2.2 Aerial Lifts will no longer be available in your LMS account. It will be replaced by BSS-3.2 Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- The replacement course, BSS-3.2 is already available on many LMS accounts.
- If BSS-3.2 is not currently available on your account, and BSS-2.2 is available, your account will automatically be updated on Oct 1 to replace the older course with the newer one.
- All current and future assignments for BSS-2.2 Aerial Lifts will be updated to assign BSS-3.2 Mobile Elevated Work Platforms instead.
- Schedules and activation dates for users will not change. If you wish to assign the new course now or make other changes to your assignments, you can make those changes on the Edit Assignments tab in the LMS.
- Previously completed training records will remain associated with BSS-2.2
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Training Success Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course licensing accounts
- Existing licenses for BSS-2.2 Aerial Lifts will remain active until their planned renewal date. If the license is renewed, it will automatically be upgraded upon renewal to BSS-3.2 Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
- To request a complimentary updated license package before your renewal date, or for any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Training Success Manager, or email@example.com